Evangelicals’ Image Problem By Rusty Wright God should have sued Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson for defamation, says New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof. Shortly after the 9/11 attacks, the two Christian leaders ventured that America’s secularists, liberals, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters … Continue reading
- A look aheadThe stories of the first six chapters of Daniel are often taught in Sunday school and in sermons. The second half of the book is usually lef alone! We're going to work our way through it, but it's worth taking a moment to understand more about how to read this section of the Bible.
- Daniel: Staying FaithfulWelcome to the book of Daniel. After covering the first half in the last issue of Explore, we're diving back in halfway through.
- Outsider inAs a widow, refugee and foreigner, Ruth is vulnerable to sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. But she has come to take refuge under the wings of Israel's God. So what will she find among His people? Will this community be different in the way they treat an outsider?
- Wings of refugeThe family that left "the house of bread" provided by God, to look for food in a pagan country, has been reduce to two widows. But there's hope--they return to Bethlehem "as the barley harvest was beginning" (1 v 22).
- Decision timeNaomi is off to Israel, and is urging Ruth and Orpah to head back home in Moab. They both face a straight choice...
- A look ahead